Wickhamford is a village and parish in Worcestershire, to the south of Badsey. The two villages have close connections and share a market gardening heritage.

Visitors Book
Visitors Book

Historical records for Wickhamford

Families and people

World Wars I & II

External links

1930s Wickhamford fruit stall - an article tells the history of stalls on Pitchers Hill


The latest articles

Church Wardens 1663 -1790 and 1840 - 2015. Unlike the vicars, church wardens were usually local men born in the village. Val Harman and Tom Locke have an ongoing project to find out more about them and tell their stories.

Wickhamford church bell and its journey in 1686 from the Begley Bell Foundry in Evesham.

Wickhamford Banns (1826-1919).

1939 Electoral Register. Details of the village population in 1939 when the Government drew up a National Register within weeks of the outbreak of the Second World War.

Dr Heath of Longdon Hill. A local G.P. who lived in the village.

Wickhamford School. About a proposal to build a school in the village in 1915.

Ian Gibson's painting

The cottages in this picture once stood on the site now occupied by Hody's Place on Manor Road in Wickhamford. In 2014 local artist Ian Gibson painted this impression of the cottages. More information...

Buildings and places

Life in Wickhamford

Church and vicars

Top picture: Cottages demolished to build Hody's Place.
Upper Middle: Idiens family at Wickhamford Manor.
Middle: Norris Haines, chauffeur.

Lower Middle: Elias Charles Walters with a horse.
Bottom: Jack Haines, England footballer.
Click on the pictures to enlarge them.

Wickhamford residents of 1911 - a photographic archive

Following on from the transcription of the 1911 census for Wickhamford, we are trying to obtain photographs of as many of the 259 residents recorded as possible. Such images can be from the time of the census, from an earlier date or later in life. If you have any photographs that could be included please let us know on wickhamford@badsey.net

Map of Wickhamford
View larger map. To find an address, search for 'Hodys Place' or '8 Wickham Close' or 'Sunnyside, Wickhamford' or something similar. See also historical maps of Wickhamford.

Compiled by Tom Locke,Val Harman, Maureen Spinks and Richard Phillips. The Badsey website group. Updated 2 January 2016. Contact email: Wickhamford@badsey.net