Oakleigh House, Badsey
Oakleigh House is on the corner of Old Post Office Lane and the High Street. Its side walls are stone and it may have been all stone originally, with a brick facade added later. On the 1812 map of Badsey it belonged to the Ballard family. An 1815 map shows it belonging to Samuel Shepherd who also owned a narrow strip of land extending back from the house as far as the main Evesham to Bretforton road. Frank Smedley, a coal merchant, lived at Oakleigh in 1912.
This is a collection of photographs of buildings in and around Badsey. The pictures were taken in 2000 and 2001 by Richard Phillips and Elizabeth Noyes.