The building of Manorside

Manorside is a 1987 housing development built in Badsey on the west side of the High Street. These photographs show what was there before it was built.

The first photograph, taken on 7th June 1987, standing in the High Street looking north-west, shows the cottage (originally No 2 High Street) that existed prior to the building of Manorside. It was originally the coach house to The Manor, but was converted into residential accommodation in 1951.

The second photograph, taken on the same day, shows the other side of the cottage looking south-west. The yard at the back was Marshall’s Yard.

The third photograph, taken a month or two later, shows the building of Manorside in progress.

Photographs loaned by John Bird.


Updated 4 February 2003. Contact email: History@Badsey.net