Blacksmith's cottage about 1913
The picture shows the Roberts family outside the former blacksmith's cottage. It is shown on the 1812 enclosure map and it stood roughly on the site of the 20th century bungalow, Byeways, by the church in Chapel Street. The cottage was demolished in the mid twentieth century. On the left is Charles with a bundle of gras, then George, Bessie and Nelly. The photo was kindly loaned to us by Mr Fred Roberts, younger brother of the children in the photograph.
Looking Back is an assortment of old photographs around the villages of Badsey and Aldington in Worcestershire.
See also 'The Village Blacksmith' chapter in Aldington and Badsey: Villages in the Vale.