The Post Office (28 High Street, Badsey)
Badsey's nineteenth century Post Office is believed to have been located in Blenheim Cottage at the top of Old Post Office Lane. The picture shows our 'twentieth century' Post Office which was built in 1897 and run by members of the Crisp family until 1952 (Mrs Rose Emily Crisp and later her younger son Stephen Crisp). It housed a telegraph office and a small telephone exchange. Later it also became the village shop. The twenty-first century Post Office combined with the Spar Shop opened in 1999. The photograph was kindly lent by Pat Goldstraw.
See a History of Badsey Post Offices.
This is an assortment of old photographs around the village of Badsey in Worcestershire.